Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Psalm 34:1-5
I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears. 
Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.


I went on a walk today and looked up at the huge azure sky. It was such a deep, pure, blue; you would never know that last night it was such a frightening color of green. A song has been going through my head all day..."Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me!" I love seeing my God's hand in all the things around me. The more that I see Him around me, the more I realize His great mercy in touching my life. I'm searching through some great puzzling questions at this stage in my life. What is God's purpose for my life? What does my future hold? Why did He give me(or not give me) certain talents and abilities? One thing I know: If such a great and awesome God would care to die for me, to love me, to touch my life so amazingly, and to bless me so incredibly, how can I give Him anything less than all of myself? How can I be concerned with anything but Him? That leads me to then ask what it means for me to live my life completely abandoned to Jesus; to be completely obsessed with Him, to live only for Him. What does that look like? This is what I want to know. This is what I seek.
Psalm 27:4 , 8
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
Your face, LORD, I will seek.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some deep, probing thoughts. They make you think about how Great God is, and how small and insignificant we are. May God bless you as you seek His face.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...