Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Life Changing Resources

I would like to encourage all of you to check out some of these amazing resources. God has used these greatly to literally change my life in the past few months.
Katie's Story--Katie Davis is a modern day Amy Carmichael living in Uganda with 14 adopted daughters.She began Amazima Ministries in 2008 and now has an amazing ministry among the people there. Her story was the catalyst that God used to stir a fire in my heart. Read it. Let it challenge you. Then consider helping Katie. I just received pictures of the children I sponsor through Amazima, and it touched my heart. Those precious, precious, faces. The sweet twelve year old orphan who wrote and told me over and over again that she would do her best in school,  that she would do her best to make me glad that I sponsored her, and that she loved me so much. I love what Katie is doing and I am so glad to be a part of it.
The Radical Series by David Platt--This sermon series has changed my life. As I listened, God brought to my mind things that I needed to give up for Him. I didn't want to. I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't. I am so glad I listened. God knew exactly what He was doing.He has used the implications of these sermons to change my life in a radical way. Listen to them. Let them challenge you. Let it change you.
Eric and Leslie Ludy's Set-Apart Life Ministry-- Eric and Leslie's books have also changed my life. On Leslie's website she shares this as the message of her ministry: "God’s sacred intent for us goes far beyond adding some Christian morality to our self-indulgent lives. His intent for you and me is nothing short of absolute abandonment to Jesus Christ, entire separation from the pollution of the world, and ardent worship of our Lord with every breath we take." Their ministry has kindled a desire in me to live for God holding absolutely nothing back. For a starting place, check out their websites and read their articles and blogs, listen to their messages, and check out the online magazine. Some good books to start with are these:
For girls:
Set Apart Femininity
The Lost Art of True Beauty
Sacred Singleness
For guys:
God's Gift To Women
For everyone:
Wrestling Prayer(This is a must read for every Christian!)
When God Writes Your Life Story

Coupled with the Lord's hand in my life, these resources have quite literally radically changed my life. Will you allow the Lord the opportunity to use them in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...