Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

This is Church.

"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
Hebrews 10:24-25.
I put an arm around a new friend that cried in Sunday School this morning, and I thought. "This is Church. Not the Sunday School, but the loving. If I were to just stay here and hug her and miss the sermon, that would be church, because, after all, the only commandment is to love."
  “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.  My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." John 15:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...