I think God invented fairy tales. Think about it. How many fairy tale plots go like this:
- Maiden is in trouble or held captive
- Knight in Shining Armour, Prince Charming, or Charming Thief as the case may be enters heroically to rescue her
- They fall in love (duh.) (Although sometimes at first one of them really dislikes the other one and it takes them a while to see that they were made for each other, at which point they finally fall in love.)
- The only way to save the maiden is for the hero to die in her place.
- So, hero dies.
- Maiden grieves the loss of her beloved.
- Hero comes back to life!
- True Love wins and evil is defeated!
Remind you of another story?
- We were in big trouble. Held captive by sin. Slaves. (2 Peter 2:19)
- Our King came to save us. Matt 1:21 "She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
- Oh, how He loved us. John 15:9-10 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you." It took us awhile though. 1 John 4:10 "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son."
- The only way for Him to save us was to die. Heb 9:22 "Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin."
- So, He died. 2 Cor 5:14 "...one died for all."
- Then....the Hero came back to life! "He is risen!"
- Our Hero is triumphant and true love conquers evil and death! <-------I think that's cause to be pretty happy!