Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Today, January 4th, I really feel like throwing all of my New Years Resolutions to the wind. I ate sugar things without even thinking, haven't exercised yet, overslept because my alarm didn't go off, and I would just like to chill with a story, a movie, or FB. LOL, you see how dedicated I am right? =) Ah no, I will stick with it. When I am weak, then I am strong... Not because I am super disciplined, or because I want a healthy, trim body more than I want relaxation and sweet things, but because I'm trading my dead body for His power, His strength, His patterns.
     I sat with Jesus Monday morning and begged Him to give me His power and presence each day of this new year; pleading teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. Ps 86:11 I asked for a passage to take with me this year; one I could take as my shield, knowing it was a special gift from Him. As I thought about how much I wanted His presence with me, a verse came to mind from the Old Testament. Moses was talking to God and he pleaded with the Lord, "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here." I turned towards the Old Testament and my Bible fell open to Exodus 33, where I found God's kiss to me. This was soon after Aaron and the Israelites had committed idolatry with the golden calf at Mount Sinai, and God had told the people to leave, conquer Canaan and be prosperous--without Him. Moses then went to speak to the Lord.

Moses said to the LORD, “You have been telling me, ‘Lead these people,’ but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, ‘I know you by name and you have found favor with me.’ If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.”
 The LORD replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”
And the LORD said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.”
Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”Ex. 33:12-18

It was so reassuring to me to read this and know that God promises to go with me and give me rest! That's all the time I have for today, so may He be with you as well today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...