Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Prayer for a Work Day

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Ps 90:14
Father, glorify Yourself in my daily life. In all of me.
When the alarm clock goes, give me the discipline, energy, and joy I need to get up. 
Give me the motivation to buffet my body and workout.
As I sit before You, quiet my heart and let me adore You. Speak to me though Your Spirit, teach me and change me, and go with me as I leave my Sanctuary.
Give me grace and love to bless my family as they get up one by one. 
Help me eat for Your glory, and honor You, by caring for Your temple as I eat a healthy breakfast.
While I drive to work, sit in my passenger seat and let's talk on the way. Hear my prayers for others I know and change the World through me. 
When I get to work, let me still be delighting in Your sweet presence and the wonderful time we've had talking on the way. Then love through me all day. Give me wisdom and the Words to say. Life-giving Words. When both of my babies are crying and supper still isn't done, give me grace to be patient and love even more. 
When I arrive home again at night, help me keep giving, even though I'm tired. 
As I play with my family or talk with a friend, stay right there with me and help me give more love, again and again. 
And then when I lay at last in my bed, let me think of You and thank You for how You carried me today.

On my bed I remember You, I think of You through the watches of the night. Ps 63:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...