Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

reArranGeD

     Well here it is, the beginning of September and I have once again gone a month without blogging. Perhaps I'll just have to make monthly posts a regular occasion. =) This past month turned out much differently than I thought it would at the start. When God gets a hold of your life-watch out! Some things might get rearranged! Life is so much better afterwards, but it does take some getting used to!
     At the beginning of this month I had just got back from the girls' PASSION event in PA, which I would highly recommend to every young woman! ( passion613.org ) PASSION was life altering and my viewpoint was drastically altered. I was ready to go full force into this new life I had, but within one week I was dramatically slowed down by fatigue, debilitating sinus headaches, and just feeling icky. After a week or so, I finally admitted that I was sick, and began trying to find out what was wrong with me. After a lot of research, we realized I had a Candida Albicans yeast infection. Basic summary--Everyone has levels of yeast in their body, but when those levels get out of hand, it hurts your system in almost every way imaginable. Sinus problems, fatigue, frequent hoarse throat, limbs falling asleep quickly, and an unsettled stomach were just a few of the symptoms that I had that can be caused by Candida. In order to get rid of Candida, you have to deprive it of its food--sugar. Candida feeds on anything that turns into sugar in your body. So, a Candida diet requires(temporarily) no sugar(including honey, agave, etc.), no wheat, no dairy, limited fruits, no white potato, and no yeast or molds(cheeses and smoked meats). I never thought I had an issue with food til I began this diet. The first week was very difficult. I was hungry and I cried a lot. We weren't stocked for a diet like that, and I didn't know how or what to eat. Unfortunately, it's easy to hide a food addiction if you're skinny. I actually went through sugar withdrawals and felt nauseous, tired, and had headaches about one week into the diet. Before and during withdrawal I craved sugar horribly. God began showing me just how addicted I was to food, and how much I turned to it for satisfaction, instead of turning to Him. As I came out of withdrawal I began to start leaning on God to fill me. He gave me the sweetest verse to remember over and over--"My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise You." (Psalm 63:5) After I went through withdrawals, and also began to find things I could eat, the going was much easier. I have just a few days left on the severe part of the diet and then I am back to more normal foods! I'll still be keeping refined sugar from my diet, as well as white flour and potatoes for a month more. I really feel awesome, as long as I get enough sleep and exercise as well. I am actually starting to enjoy my diet! It feels great knowing I'm not putting anything unhealthy in my body! I do really miss fruit and milk and wheat though(You simply cannot buy things without wheat in them. You just can't.), so I am ready to be done with this first stage.
     All that said, I've done a bit more cooking and the like this month in order to accommodate my diet. Our camera has been messed up too, so all this has pushed blogging to a back burner. God's also been showing me some things about my perfectionism and priorities, so I'm not going to promise to be here very often, but I will try when I can. I'm taking a break from Facebook til the end of the year, and it really has freed up a good bit of time. =)
     In other news, I was excited to run/walk my first 5K in a local fun run/walk on the 27th! It was great fun and inspired me to set big goals for next year! I'm hoping to run the whole time next year and cut my time in half. Since then I've found that I can run a quarter mile without feeling like I'm going to fall over, and that was a great feeling!! =D
      Our youth group is finally going camping together this weekend! We've been wanting to do something like this for a couple years, so we are all very excited! We are going to visit a service at a Mosque on the way(to pray for them and learn to see them as people that need the Lord, rather than a threat) and then we're going to camp and canoe all weekend! I am excited and ready for the break! I unexpectedly had the day off today, so I made some yummy sugar free granola bars and have been working on some routine and cleaning charts for the children. Things just seem to go smoother when chores are in writing! =) I need to get lunch on, so I'll be going. May you find the Savior in the mundane moments of your day today!
Smiling for Him, TyaBeth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...