Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My latest creative endeavor!

It's one of those things that when I finished, I leaned back, sighed, and said, "It's beautiful!" 
Photobucket
And I love making beautiful things. Beautiful music, beautiful photographs....I just delight in them! I used to think I didn't have any creativity, but now that I'm discovering it, I am having so much fun! =D
I bought this desk(Which actually didn't look as bad as the before picture; I forgot to take a "before" picture till I had sanded and cleaned it, hence the scratchy white look.) at a antique shop when I was searching for a writing desk a while back and it was just what I wanted. I was  delighted to find it, especially since it was in my price range! I love the drawer in the middle and the deep bottom drawers that are really the depth of two drawers with a faux front. It's just perfect. Except that I didn't really like the wood color. So, without much afore thought and really on the spur of a moment, I decided I would like to paint it the color that our room will be when we finish it. I put it on my bucket list for the summer, and this past weekend, I finally got it done! It didn't take long at all, a couple hours of prepping and priming, and two coats of paint, and I now have a desk that is not only exactly what I need, but every time I look at it I sigh and think, "Wow, I made something beautiful!" Hm....I wonder if that's how God looks at His creation. There's a thought for you to think on. =)
Do you enjoy creating beauty? What is your reaction when you create something that is beautiful? Do you think that is God's reaction to us, and, if so, what are the implications of that in your mind?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...