Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

3rd Annual Valentine's Banquet

 Last month started out with a bang as we planned for the third annual Valentine's Banquet that our youth group gives to the married couples in our church. As a member of the planning committee, I was pretty busy, and that is mainly why I disappeared from here.
We held the banquet in our Pastor's basement, which is wonderful for our needs. Unfortunately, it is horrible for taking pictures, so bear with me.
We started out with this:
 And after several hours of decorating...


Ended with this...


 The banquet was country themed this year, so we used canning jars for cups, brown paper for table cloths, and roasted peanuts in paper bags for appetizers! It was more informal than other years, but it turned out very pretty!
 On the menu this year:
Country Style Ribs
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Baked Corn
Rolls and Home-Made Jam
Apple Pie
Peach Cobbler
Homemade Icecream

 And, afterwards, the dish washing crew:
I was so proud of the boys for helping out with washing the dishes!
 Our gang:
Cody, Jenika, Jay, Melody, Carl, Elycia, Joshua, Tanya(Me!), and Chancy.
Like I said, picture taking was a little difficult.

I thought the motion captured in this one was pretty cool. =)
 The fellows:
Cody, Jay, Carl, Joshua, and Chancy.

 And the girls! I tried a little editing on this one, in an attempt to "rescue" it. =).
Melody, Jenika, Elycia, and I.
We had a great time planning and putting on this year's banquet, though I think we all breathed a sigh of relief when we were finished. Looking forward to next year.. perhaps a coffee shop themed dessert banquet! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...