Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

2nd day home


I know the question is coming. People are already asking me. "How was India?" they say. How am I supposed to answer a question like that? It was heartbreaking, but it gave me great joy. It was crushing, but it gave me reason to hope. It was tragic, and it was triumphant. I went to teach, but they taught me instead. I wanted to give, but they gave to me. It's left me reeling and angry, but grasping to Jesus. "How was India?" they'll ask. And I'll just smile and say, "It was amazing," because that's all most people really want to hear and maybe all I can say right now.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand that one--been there, done that! So much to digest and process, right?!? You'll never be the same; God will use it to shape you into a better woman for Him, regardless of where your path leads--whether back to India, somewhere else, or even staying home in the US. It's never wasted!! I'm glad you got to go. Remember..."He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it..." !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...